About GATE Examination
Conducted jointly by the India Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technologies at Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Chennai (Madras) and Mumbai (Bombay) on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India, The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that basically tests the far reaching comprehension of different undergrad subjects in engineering and science.
Why should, appear for GATE?
- Reflects the relative performance of the candidate
- The path to admission to various post-grad programs (Also recognised in various intl. institutions)
- Impressive score paves the way to obtain financial assistance during Masters programs and direct Doctoral programs
- Recruitment in PSUs on basis of score
- PSUs with their own exam conduct test on the same syllabus
- Recognised in various international institutions
- Option for PhD from eminent institutions (IITs and NITs)
- Recruitment in the teaching field in reputed institutions
- Junior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Senior Research Fellow: ISRO, DRDO, BARC, CSIR, IITs etc.
- Recruitment in various private firms
- Career in R&D
“In December 2014, the University Grants Commission and MHRD announced that the scholarship for GATE-qualified master’s degree students is increased by 55%, from Rs 8,000 (US$110) per month to Rs 12,400 (US$170) per month”.
Fee Structure for GATE Program
|Batch||Starting from||Stream||Admission fee|
|GATE One Year Program||15 Nov. 2018||ECE/EE/ME/CE/IN||49500/-|
|GATE Two Year Program||18 Dec. 2018||ECE/EE/ME/CE/IN||69500/-|
|GATE Three Year Program||18 Dec. 2018||ECE/EE/ME/CE/IN||89500/-|